On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Dominik Szczerba <domi...@itis.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hmmm, that property really deserves its own rc param, but if you do not
> like it, it should at least be somewhere automatically set to the
> current background color to be resistant against people like me ;) I
> would be happy to have such a fix...

I just committed a change that makes the face- and edgecolor of the
legend patch to match those of the axes patch.

The reason I'm not very kin to introduce such new rc parameters is
partly that, we actually needs a lot of rc parameters, not just the
facecolor of the legend parch. What about the edgecolor of the legend
patch, or the linewidth? Or the color of the legend text. What about
the colors of the parch around the annotation text?

I don't think it is desirable to add a new rc parameter for every
property that needs to be customized.
In my personal opinion, one of the the best way to customize the plot
is to have something like CSS that supports inheritance of properties.

So, I'm inclined to leave it as is. But other developers may have
different thoughts.

Regards,

-JJ