JJ,

Indeed it is a typo in the email and not in the script. I have used
"annotation_clip" with no result.

Additional information that I forgot to supply was that on python
2.5/windows/matplotlib 0.98.xxx (my work machine, not accessible at the moment
for the subversion number) this worked fine and there may have been a
regression from this to the current 0.99.0 (in the ubuntu repository).

I tried to build and install the 0.99.1 but need to profess my noobness as I an
unsure as to how to get the build, which built without errors, to be installed
on ubuntu as I performed the prescribed "python setup.py build" then "sudo
python setup.py install" without error. However, when python is
loaded/run/booted it still is looking at 0.99.0. The thing I noticed was that
instead on installing in site-packages it installed in dist-package (or
something like) location and I guess there is something in the python path that
needs redirecting. I usually use .deb and dpkg to work out the "appropriate"
place for such things (former windows user). I am not familiar with the flags
to pass to the python setup script to get it to install all the build
files/folders to an alternate location (presumably the correct location). If I
could get some basic pointers without having to read the full details then I
would be happy to try an install on one of my ubuntu machines.

Additional note is that I have installed the windows binary (0.99.1) on a
python2.6 install and the same clipping behaviour occurs (no arrows to be seen)
the same script run on the my work machine (2.5 and 0.98.xxx) works fine
(arrows to be seen in all their glory).  Tomorrow I will send through the
outputs from the various machines I have to see if I can find when the world
changed for these arrows.

Finally, can you reproduce the phenomenon that I see on your install of
matplotlib?

Thank you very much for the guidance,

Kurt

> From: lee.j.j...@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:52:24 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] Annotate Behaviour - Arrows Missing
> To: kurtforres...@hotmail.com
> CC: matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Kurt Forrester
> <kurtforres...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I modified the script for the hax. annotate(...) to include the
> > annotate_clip=False, however there is no change in the behaviour of the
> > arrows.
>
> It should be "annotation_clip" not "annotate_clip", but it may be just a typo.
>
> Anyhow, as far as I know (as I wrote the related code), there is no
> other setting. And your script work fine for me when "annotation_clip"
> parameter is added. While I'm testing this with the current svn
> version of matplolib, I don't think I see any bug fix related with
> this after 0.99.0 release.
>
> Anyhow, It would be great if you can install the newest version of
> matplotlib (0.99.1 or even svn) and see if arrows are still missing.
>
> Regards,
>
> -JJ

Time for a new car? Sell your old one fast!
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157637060/direct/01/