> From: lee.j.j...@gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:50:45 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] Annotate Behaviour - Arrows Missing
> To: kurtforres...@hotmail.com
> CC: matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Kurt Forrester
> <kurtforres...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I am not too sure what the design behaviour is but it is certainly not doing
> > what I expected. I do appreciate your effort in resolving this. Please do
> > let me know if there are any further tests I can perform to demonstrate the
> > issue or test for fixes.
> >

> "annotate" is meant to annotate a data point. It does not have much
> meaning to draw the annotating text when the annotated data point is
> not visible (i.e. when the data point is outside the axes). And this
> is the default behavior of the current matplotlib.
>
> As I cannot reproduce the problem, it is hard to track down what is wrong.
> I'm attaching a little debugging script. Please try to run this code
> and report the output. For example, I get
>
> annotation_clip =  False
> _check_xy returning True
> Drawing Text
>
> Your output may be different.
>
> Regards,
>
> -JJ

thanks for the details on the design.

the output from the script is:

annotation_clip =  None
checking is point is inside the axes :  [  30.875  233.   ]
contains_point =  0
_check_xy returning False
exit without drawing due to annotation_clip

Search for properties that match your lifestyle! Start searching NOW!
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/