David MacQuigg wrote:
> I can't get Matplotlib to work with IDLE.

Sorry, I don't know anything about IDLE, but...

> I'm running on Mac OS-X, so it looks like IPython is not an option.

Why not? I use Ipython on OS-X all the time, and it is fabulous, really
fabulous.

>  Also, I
> would rather stick with IDLE.  It is the perfect IDE for non-CS students who
> shouldn't be spending their time on the complexities of a plotting package.

Spyder:

http://packages.python.org/spyder/

Looks really promising, but I don't think they've got OS-X packages yet.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov