On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Wayne Watson <sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net
> wrote:

> I'm beginning to read aboutPython OOP, classes, inheritance and the like.
> It seems like an understanding of those concepts is key to understanding how
> the import needs are met.
>
> --
> "Crime is way down. War is declining. And that's far from the good news."
> -- Steven Pinker (and other sources) Why is this true, but yet the media
> says otherwise? The media knows very well how to manipulate us (see limbic,
> emotion, $$). -- WTW

I suggest you studying these books:

http://homepage.mac.com/s_lott/books/index.html

I learnt a great deal of information from the Python for Programmers title.

Besides you can take a look at Fernando's starter page at
http://fperez.org/py4science/starter_kit.html You can find many valuable
general Python sources listed there (especially tutorial videos from
PyCon09)

I can also suggest you trying Eclipse + PyDev combination. PyDev makes
debugging and following the flow of your programs very easier. For instance;

Try:

import matplotlib.pypot as plt
plt.plot(range(10))
plt.show()

and set a breakpoint in the first line and step into the matplotlib code to
see how it flows.

--
Gökhan