Hi Everyone,

On 08/10/2009 06:54, ross.wil...@ga.gov.au wrote:
> Hi Listers,
>
> I recently installed matplotlib 0.99.1 hoping to use mplot3d.  However, when
> doing 'from mpl_toolkits.mplot3d import Axes3D' python itself crashes.
> Reinstalling matplotlib 0.98.5 gets everything working fine, without mplot3d,
> of course.
>
> I am running Windows XP, python 2.5.2 and numpy 1.2.1.  From the installation
> instructions I think I have all the prerequisites.
>
> Has anyone seen behaviour like this?

It looks like I run into a similar issue on a client machine.

He is on Windows XP SP 2 Suisse edition and he gets "Unhandled
Exception" error which does not show any traceback.

My application is py2exe'd, so I did another build using 0.98.5 (both
with numpy 1.3, Python 2.5.4 and wxPython 2.8.10) but now at least we
get a traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "appwine.pyo", line 939, in OnToolbarChart
   File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
   File "frameplotmpl.pyo", line 24, in<module>
ImportError: cannot import name FigureCanvasWxAgg

The relevant section of frameplotmpl.py is:
from numpy import arange, sin, pi
import matplotlib as mpl
# following is already done on stats page
##mpl.use('WXAgg')
from matplotlib.backends.backend_wxagg import FigureCanvasWxAgg as FigureCanvas
from matplotlib.backends.backend_wx import NavigationToolbar2Wx
from matplotlib.dates import YearLocator, MonthLocator, DateFormatter
from matplotlib.ticker import FormatStrFormatter
from matplotlib.font_manager import FontProperties

What is really strange I can run the same .exe on my XP test machine which is
running XP SP2 English without any problems.

I know there is not much to go by here, but would very much appreciate if
anyone has some hints/tips on what I should look at (note that the client is
non technical and I have no access to his machine).

Werner