Hi,

I want to build executables from python scripts that call matplotlib under
linux. To this end I have installed cxfreeze on my
SuSE 11.2 machine

I have tried two methods
        1. Execute the command 'cxfreeze script.py'
and
        2. Creating a setup.py script
                import cx_Freeze
                import sys
                base = None
                if sys.platform == "win32":
                    base = "Win32GUI"

                executables = [
                        cx_Freeze.Executable("script.py", base = base)
                ]
                cx_Freeze.setup(
                        name = "script",
                        version = "0.1",
                        description = "Sample matplotlib script",
                        executables = executables)
        and then execute 'python setup.py build'

In both cases I get an executable, but when executed I get the following error
        RuntimeError: Could not find the matplotlib data files

The version of matplotlib I am running is 0.99.1.1 and Python 2.6.2

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions to resolve this, thanks

Peter