I managed to resolve it, by following Mike's hint thanks Mike.

It was simply to change the setup.py script to
        import cx_Freeze
        import sys
        import matplotlib
        base = None
        if sys.platform == "win32":
        base = "Win32GUI"

        executables = [
                cx_Freeze.Executable("script.py", base = base)
        ]
        cx_Freeze.setup(
                name = "script",
        options = {"build_exe": {"include_files":[(
matplotlib.get_data_path(),"mpl-data")],}},
                version = "0.1",
                description = "Sample matplotlib script",
                executables = executables)

Peter