Hi,

Python crashes on one of my computers when I execute: *import pylab*
All I need to do is execute this one line of code and poof.
A dialog pops up stating that "python.exe has encountered a problem and
needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience....
I installed matplotlib version 0.99.1 using python xy.  However I
encountered this same
problem when I installed using the python 2.6.4 and
matplotlib-0.99.1.win32-py2.6 installers.

Running python using verbose output shows that a problem is encountered when
the statement
*import matplotlib.transforms # precompiled from
C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\transforms.pyc*
is reached.  This may be the culprit.

Thanks for any help,
Scott