sorry if this has been covered before, but I must say I've found the
following quite confusing :
color="cyan" is not in fact equivalent to color='c'

in colors.py  :

Commands which take color arguments can use several formats to specify
the colors.  For the basic builtin colors, you can use a single letter

    - b  : blue
    - g  : green
    - r  : red
    - c  : cyan
    - m  : magenta
    - y  : yellow
    - k  : black
    - w  : white

in ColorConverter :
    colors = {
        'b' : (0.0, 0.0, 1.0),
        'g' : (0.0, 0.5, 0.0),
        'r' : (1.0, 0.0, 0.0),
        'c' : (0.0, 0.75, 0.75),
        'm' : (0.75, 0, 0.75),
        'y' : (0.75, 0.75, 0),
        'k' : (0.0, 0.0, 0.0),
        'w' : (1.0, 1.0, 1.0),
        }

we are told 'c' is short for cyan. Yet color="cyan" is not equivalent
to color='c'
   'cyan'                 : '#00FFFF'

In [50]: rgb2hex((0.0, 0.75, 0.75))
Out[50]: '#00bfbf'