Hello,

This is a question mostly for non-Latex users.

What is your preferred saving format from matplotlib that you use in
OpenOffice or a similar open office tool? A format that looks good on both
screen and printed output. In my experiences so far I have found getting the
best quality outputs from PDF files (using the highest quality settings in
matplotlibrc). It wins over eps, ps, and png outputs both on screen and
printed texts.

I was able to get somewhat good looking results from eps files. However
never managed to get them looking pretty on screen -neither when I imported
them in OpenOffice Writer as image objects nor in print-outs. This defeats
my purpose since they should look good on screen in ODF files because my
writings will be reviewed by other people. (EPS files looks non-readable in
ODF files) PDF files are easiest to create -- I exactly get what I see on
screen. EPS and PS always seems different --requiring plotting setup I
suppose.

PDF files are better, but my OpenOffice Writer 3.1.1 can't import them as
image objects :( --although the Impress tool can do and looks shiny
beautiful. PNG's both work in Writer and Impress even though they don't look
as good as PDF files --due to their rasterized nature get some blurriness
and lose some quality when I re-size them.

Enough story from me. Do you have any suggestions/comments for these issues
--besides switching to Latex :) What are your preferred ways of using plots
in non-Latex editors?

Thank you.

Gökhan