We have old-stylers as well :) http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/ has
nice annotation tools for PDF reviewing, and its very fast and it works on
Linux through CrossOver (probably would work via wine as well).

What type of revision tracking do you use? Treat your documents like code?
Google code has in-place commenting option that makes me think that document
revisioning would be easier that way (one day when I start using Latex :) )

--
Gökhan