I'm updating my python install but am running into problems with matplotlib,
as always.  This time around I'd thought I'd use the .dmg installer.  I've
already installed Python 2.6.5 from python.org and numpy from scipy.org.
Both of these work.  I noticed the matplotlib installer wants to install to
/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages, even though the appropriate location for
the python.org install is in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages.
As a result, when I run python 2.6.5 from python.org, it doesn't matplotlib.

Two questions: Is there a good reason for this?  And what's the workaround.
Thanks.

Tim