On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Preben Randhol <rand...@pvv.org> wrote:

>> If you could create a minimal example starting with
>> embedding_in_gtk3.py that replicates your problem, we're more likely
>> to be able to help.

Thanks for posting the example.  This runs fine for me (I can pan,
zoom, zoom to rect, the zoom to rect rubberband is drawn).  Here is my
version info; what do you have for same?

  jo...@udesktop191:tmp> uname -a
  SunOS udesktop191 5.10 Generic_139556-08 i86pc i386 i86pc
j  o...@udesktop191:tmp> python -c 'import gtk; print gtk.pygtk_version'
  (2, 6, 0)

Also, if you know the persion of gtk you are running, that might help.

Finally, you say you are running mpl 1.0, but your traceback says

  "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/matplotlib/backends/backend_gtk.py", line
  606, in idle_draw drawable.draw_image(gc, imageBack, 0, 0, *lastrect)
  TypeError: Gdk.Drawable.draw_image() argument 2 must be gtk.gdk.Image,
  not None

but line 606 in backend_gtk in mpl 1.0.0 is not what this traceback
says.  Are you sure you are picking up the right version?  I suggest
flushing all your matplotlib* files and dirs in site-packages and
doing a clean install, and then running your test script with
--verbose-debug so we can get a better look at what is happening.
Please post the output which is logged to the terminal.

JDH