2010/8/10 Markus Baden <markus.ba...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks for the warning. Not really sure. So far I have seen no
> problems, i.e. can happily plot. How can I make sure that I don't ran
> into those problems? I usually don't mix packages and just hope that
> the EPD guys update to Matplotlib 1.0 soon.

When you can import pylab and do plotting and all then everything is
fine.  The mix I mentioned was that of the precompiled EPD (compiled
with, say, compiler 1) and your probably self-compiled freetype2 (with
say, compiler 2).  The problem arises if it does not hold compiler 1
== compiler 2.  In that case, usually one can compile, I believe since
the functions are marked as "extern", but when making an attempt to
actually load the shared lib (e.g. freetype2), it may fail with some
random "symbol not found"  error.

So far, everything okay.

Happy plotting!
Friedrich