On 09/22/2010 08:59 AM, John Hunter wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Bala subramanian
> <bala.biophys...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Friends,
>> I have mentioned in my research manuscript that plots were generated by
>> 'matplotlib package'. I dnt find the related reference of mpl. Kindly tell
>> me how can i site mpl.
> You can certainly reference the website, but if you want to refer to a
> published paper, I suggest
>
> Matplotlib: A 2D Graphics Environment
> Source: Computing in Science and Engineering archive
> Volume 9 ,  Issue 3  (May 2007)
> Pages: 90-95
> Year of Publication: 2007
> ISSN:1521-9615
> Author:John D. Hunter
> Publisher     : IEEE Educational Activities Department  Piscataway, NJ, USA
>
> and/or the conference abstract at
> http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2005ASPC..347...91B

Could this be put up on the website somewhere in a easily-found place?
Maybe a short sentence and link in the bar on the right under "Other
stuff"?  Something like "To cite matplotlib in a paper, use <a
href='link to wiki page with that citation, preferably in several
formats like bibtex'> this reference</a>." or something.

Thanks,

Jason