I was playing around with draggable legends, and some strange things started
happening (exception down in the depths of beckend_agg.py, accompanied by a
long stack trace).  To make a long story short, I can reproduce this in the
draggable_legend.py example on the matplotlib website.  All you have to do
is change line 7 from

l = ax.legend()

l = ax.legend(bbox_to_anchor=(.1,.1))

Fire this up, and move the legend box with your mouse.  It works.  Move
again, exception raised.

I'm sure that I'm not understanding the proper usage of bbox_to_anchor.  I
thought that i could use it to place the legend initially, and then let the
user drag the legend around if the placement wasn't satisfactory.

--
Daniel Hyams
dhy...@gmail.com