On 09/26/2010 09:43 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:
> Mmh,
>
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Jae-Joon Lee<lee.j.j...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Did you try autoscale_view method?
>>
>> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/api/axes_api.html?highlight=autoscale#matplotlib.axes.Axes.autoscale_view
>>
>> Please post a sample script that reproduces the problem.
>>

> I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong then.  Just now I was
> writing some notes about this for a tutorial, and tried this code:
>
> line, = plt.plot([1,2,3], label='my data')
> plt.grid()
> plt.title('My title')
> x = np.linspace(0, 1)
> y = x**2
> line.set_data(x, y)
> ax = gca()
> ax.autoscale_view()
> plt.draw()
>
> but I get the result shown in the screenshot.  Am I misusing
> autoscale_view?  As best I can tell from the docstring, I'm making
> correct use of it, but perhaps I'm missing something...

autoscale_view somewhat defeats the purpose of line.set_data, which is
intentionally minimalist.  If you want autoscaling after update, but
don't want to simply clear and plot, then you need to explicitly update
the Axes.dataLim.  You can do this using Axes.relim()
prior to calling autoscale_view().

Eric