On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Friedrich Romstedt
<friedrichromst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A.S.: Ralf, wasn't the reason why we shifted to Vincent's build
> machine running 10.5, because numpy didn't run on 10.4 when built on
> 10.6?

No, the numpy installers have never had a problem on 10.4 AFAIK. The
issue was that installers built on 10.6 would (on some but not all
machines) fail on 10.5.

> 2010/11/2 pablomos <pa...@princeton.edu>:
>> I attempted to install Pylab on my own computer and so far have had no
>> success. I followed these steps:
>> 1) downloaded Python 2.6 for OS 10.4
>> 2) downloaded the corresponding numpy and installed it (successfully)
>
>> 3) downloaded the corresponding matplotlib
>> (matplotlib-1.0.0-python.org-py2.6-macosx10.4.dmg) and installed it [One
>> possible cause for the error is that, though the package includes
>> "macosx10.4", the actual installing package (which one can see if one tries
>> a customized install) says "macosx10.5".]
>
> This is due to a bug in bdist_mpkg probably, used to generate those
> binaries on a 10.5 system, although the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET was
> 10.4 or 10.3 (as I strongly believe), the installer outputs somehow
> "-10.5" when run.  I don't know details.

This is just a file name, not necessarily the cause of any error
during installation.

Cheers,
Ralf