On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Guy Griffiths
<guy.griffi...@reading.ac.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using matplotlib for a while for plotting scientific data, and
> recently upgraded from version 0.99.1.1 to 1.0.0.  Primarily I use pcolor
> produce plots of concentration in 2D space.  I use reasonably fine meshes,
> and
> in v0.99.1.1 the output looked great.
>
> In v1.0.0, all of my plots (using the same code) have faint gridlines
> visible.
> Since the mesh I am using is quite fine, this makes the plots look terrible
> (i.e. more gridlines than actual data).  This seems to be controlled by the
> "edgecolors" keyword, but even when set to 'none' they are still there.  Is
> there any way to remove them completely without reverting back to 0.99.1.1
> (which I'd prefer not to do, since some of the API changes are really
> useful
> for creating very polished graphs suitable for publication)?
>
> imshow seems to have closer results to what I want (i.e. no gridlines), but
> with imshow, the axes denote the pixel position, and there is no option to
> display on polar axes (which is essential).
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Guy Griffiths

Guy, I have noticed something similar a few months ago with pcolor, but I am
not certain if it is the same problem as yours.  First, which backend are
you using?  Second, are you seeing the grid lines in both the figure window
and the saved output?  Also, what format are you saving your output to?
Lastly, which pcolor function are you using (pcolor(), pcolormesh(),
pcolorfast())?

If you could include a screenshot or the saved file, I could see if it is
similar to my problem.

Ben Root