On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:41:49 -0600
Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:

> >  I've
> > been using matplotlib a lot the last few months and was totally
> > unaware that pyplot was "required".  Good thing I read this message! :-)

I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

> > > The interface should create the figure objects, the figure objects should
> > > create the axes objects, the axes objects should create the axis objects,
> > > and so on and so forth.

I've read the revised link you posted:

https://github.com/WeatherGod/matplotlib/blob/62a02cce1ef98ff2360049ef31074bd9e82670d3/doc/faq/usage_faq.rst

I think you should definitely put the above sentence, which IMHO makes the
relation of pyplot (and usage of matplotlib) astoundingly clear.