Jouni K. Seppänen <j...@iki.fi> writes:

> Pål Gunnar Ellingsen <paa...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I know there was a post on the mail liste a couple of days ago ( Bug
>> in `dviread.py'), but I'm not sure if this is the same error, which it
>> shouldn't be as I'm using the latest svn revision.
>
> Not the same error - it is showing a warning message generated by the
> workaround to that problem. It looks like your pdftex.map file is
> lacking an entry for cmr12, which doesn't make any sense.

Indeed your file does have the entry, and using your file on my computer
I cannot reproduce the problem. I pushed a branch on github that adds
some debugging information. Can you try the version of matplotlib that
you can get via the following commands (assuming you already have a
clone of the matplotlib main repository)?

    git remote add jkseppan g...@github.com:jkseppan/matplotlib.git
    git fetch jkseppan
    git checkout jkseppan/dviread-bug

Alternatively, download the file

https://github.com/jkseppan/matplotlib/raw/dviread-bug/lib/matplotlib/dviread.py

and just copy it over your installed dviread.py file (make a backup
first).

Set verbose to debug-annoying and catch the output in a file; there will
be lots of it, so please email it to me off-list.

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks