On 28 April 2011 22:56, Luke <hazelnu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am thinking that perhaps the approach I should be taking should
> involve contouring the real part of the eigenvalues which determine
> the stability, and then plot the zero-level curve.  I'll have to think
> about that some more.

This sounds like a very sensible approach and is quick and easy to try out
using tricontour/tricontourf.  You may have to use a very small positive
value for the contour level rather then zero to get what you want.

> Is it clear what I am trying to do?  If so, do you think the Delaunay
> triangulation is the right way to go?

Yes, it is clear what you are trying to do.  I think that you shouldn't be
concerned with the triangulation, Delaunay or not, as this is at too low a
level for what you are attempting.  Stick to the high-level data analysis
and presentation functions like tricontour and ignore details of the
underlying triangulation.  If you are having to manipulate a triangulation
then you are becoming a computational geometrist - it is a completely valid
and interesting thing to do but is probably taking your attention away from
your real work.

Ian