As you show it, mass will be a string, so you'll need to convert it to
a float first, then add it to a list. You can then manipulate the
values in the list to compute your mean, or whatever, which matplotlib
can use as input to its plot() function or whichever type of plot
you're after. Alternatively, since the Python numpy module is made for
manipulating data like this, it can probably read your data in a
single function call and easily compute the things you want. However,
if you are really that new to programming, you may struggle, so I'd
suggest reading first going to scipy.org and reading up on numpy. When
you understand the basics of numpy, matplotlib's documentation should
make a lot more sense.

Gary