Hi,

   I apologize if my explanation was less than clear. What I have is data in
a column that runs from row 1 to row 1268. In each each row there is a
number. For example

1
3
5
6
7
8
9

so I want  the y axis to run from 1 to 7 ( the number of rows) and the x
axis to be the average of the values in this case 5.57. I am having problems
with setting up the y-axis as well as the dimension   problem you addressed.

 Is there a way I could have every value on the x axis the same? Say for the
above example have the x and y axis  be

7
6
5
4
3
2
1
  5.75 5.57 5.57 5.75 5.57 5.57 5.75

 Which would be the number of rows vs the average value of the data in the
rows and then plot that?

Thanks again

Khary