Hi I noticed that Basemap 1.0.2 will replace the old pyshapelib with
the pure python shapelib.py. However, that did break some of my
scripts when I use custom shapefiles.

Here is a picture from Basemap 1.0.1,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/basemap101.png/

and here the same script under Basemap 1.0.2,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/basemap102.png/

and here is the script:
http://pastebin.com/WfePCFJi

It probably has something to do with the way shapelib.py handle the
lines, As soon as I have some time I'll take a better look into that,
but I would like to ask if anyone has seen this before and/or if you
have a suggestion/solution for it.

Thanks, Filipe