David Craig :
> Hi, thanks for that. I've made the following changes:
>
> NFFT = 100*60*10        # Linked to window size
> Fs = stream[0].stats.sampling_rate
> win = np.hanning(NFFT)
> overlap = NFFT/2
> power, freq = plt.psd(data, NFFT, Fs, win, overlap)
>
> but it returns the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/davcra/Desktop/python_scripts/welchPSD.py", line 20, in
> <module>
>     power, freq = plt.psd(data, NFFT, Fs, win, overlap)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/pyplot.py", line
> 2322, in psd
>     ret = ax.psd(x, NFFT, Fs, Fc, detrend, window, noverlap, pad_to,
> sides, scale_by_freq, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/axes.py", line
> 7876, in psd
>     sides, scale_by_freq)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/mlab.py", line
> 389, in psd
>     scale_by_freq)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/mlab.py", line
> 419, in csd
>     noverlap, pad_to, sides, scale_by_freq)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/mlab.py", line
> 268, in _spectral_helper
>     thisX = windowVals * detrend(thisX)
> TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

Please, look the syntax of .psd in
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/api/pyplot_api.html?highlight=psd#matplotlib.pyplot.psd

You will find, for example, that the 5th argument, detrend, should be
callable. In your code it is just a number.
Use explicit keywords, it may save you from misunderstanding yourself...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

OH.
Fabrice Silva found it as well. OK, two is better than one...