Hi list,

I am trying to implement some GUI tools in matplotlib - more precisely a line profile tool and a contrast setter which I hope will be integrated to the skimage kit [see https://github.com/glyg/scikits-image/blob/master/skimage/io/_plugins/matplotlib_plugin.py].

Now here is my question:
Is it possible to grab the content of a figure and 'displace' it in a subplot of the same figure, to give room for a knew plot - even if the original content is complex (i.e. an image + a colorbar + an histogram, for example).

I am not sure I'm clear here, so I can try to rephrase if needed.

Thanks

Guillaume