Hi,

you should be able to do so. In the past, I had written a small GUI that
had the ability to copy Line2D, images and text elements from an axe to
any other axes (even on different figure). This was integrated into GUI
used to change the line properties. It is a bit old and dirty but you
can find it there:
http://mpl-properties.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mpl_properties.py

look for the "do_copy" function.

Antoine