On 30 Sep 2012 06:11, "Jouni K. Seppänen" <j...@iki.fi> wrote:

> Rita <rmorgan...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > i have a micro distribution setup. I am building python, numpy, scipy
from
> > scratch. I am building matplotlib from scratch also.
> >
> > I am doing a simple, /apps/bin/python setup.py build.
> >
> > I also compiled libpng and cairo in a location.

When you build a shared library yourself, you always need to set the
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This is independant from the compilation. At
runtime, the program merely tries to load the library if it has not been
loaded previously.

Usually, to avoid setting manually the path to the library, one adds this
to its bashrc/zshrc.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
N.