Thanks for your multiple answers. I'll try the same manipulation with the
1.2 version as soon as possible. Concerning the debate between the use of
None and numpy.nan, I tryed both methods before posting and they both lead
to the same bug on my version. I'm using the None/numpy.nan trick to plot
finite element 2D meshes (Matplotlib  allows very neat vectorial plots) and
I often adjust xlim/ylim to magnify interesting zones and so this bug is
everywhere. I'm not totally sure but I think the bug was not present in the
1.0.x versions I tested before.

Regards.

Ludovic Charleux