Hi Thomas,

Le 27/02/2013 20:59, Thomas Sprinzing a écrit :
> To sum it up: use the old 7-bit equivalent for the degree sign, not any
> fancydancy UTF-8 character that is commonly not included in ye olde style
> postscript standard font embedded into your laser printer waaaay back then in
> the last millenium...
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the list of ASCII printable
characters
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII#ASCII_printable_characters) and
didn't find the degree sign. However, I found it in the so-called "8
bits extensions", which I believe is just the same as the Unicode U+00B0
character.

best,
Pierre