I'm afraid the scatter plot does not allow afterward adjustment with size
currently (by using setp).
Probably you should redraw the scatter points with different sizes. like

for x,y,z in zip(xlist,ylist,sizelist):
     m.scatter(x,y,s=z)

if you question is to change the real 2km or 1.5km to the size on the map,
sorry I don't know as I never did this. Probably you need  consider
projection.

Chao

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM, marz_cyclone [via matplotlib] <
ml-node+s1069221n40883...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to do a scatter plot within a map created by basemap.
>
> m = Basemap(projection='ortho',lat_0=45,lon_0=0,resolution='l')
> X,Y = m(lon,lat)
> m.scatter(X,Y,s=sizes,c=data,edgecolor='none')
>
> This works fine. Now I want to change the sizes of the markers so that the
> marker at point A has a size that corresponds to circle with radius of 2.5
> km, point B to 1.5 km, .... and so on.
>
> Has anyone ever done this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mario Mech

> .
> NAML<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 29 02; Fax:01.69.08.77.16