>From my understanding,

For the AC electricity, the matter is not the absolute value of the voltage
angle, the differences between different bus voltage angles are what you
want to know. So people set one bus as the reference bus and usually set
the angle as 0.

I believe that Vm here is from the mpc.bus, which I assume is the start
point value.
However, in mpc.gen, there is a column (column 6) indicates the voltage
magnitude setpoint (p.u.). It's in a file called caseformat. Or you can
find it in the manual.

for the additional questions, usually, in real world, people are going to
control the voltage magnitudes. So, in matpower, you can go and check the
mpc.gen mentioned above to check the setpoints of generator voltages.

Hope it helps, Correct me if I made any mistakes.

Thanks,
Yi Liang

--
Yi Liang, Master Candidate

Room 403, Coordinated Science Laboratory
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
1308 W Main Street, Urbana, IL, 61801-2307