Thank you for your answers, I have just a small question left, in the
Matpower4.1 manual when detailing the Generator Cost Data it is said that
startup and shutdown costs are not used by any Matpower function.

Thus, I want to add this in the code but I could not find the function that
decides which unit to increase for the OPF resolution so that I can add it has
to take the startup costs into account when starting a new production.

Thank you for your help,

Gamze Dogan