Hello,

I’m using the Matpower OPF in order to optimize the
dispatch of generators in a distribution network in case of voltage constraint
violations.  The OPF is able to find a solution for my initial
optimization problem.

However, as soon as I try to set the voltage limits on
the bus of one of my generators to a certain value (different from the
acceptable
voltage range at the other buses) the OPF does not converge anymore.  I’ve
tried not setting a specific value, but leaving some degree of freedom for the
voltage at said generator bus, but the OPF still doesn’t converge.

I’m trying to do the “voltage setting” at the
generator bus in the mpc.bus file for maximum- and minimum voltage magnitude:
maximum voltage magnitude = minimum voltage magnitude.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the source of
this problem?

Best regards,

Isabel