Isabel:

Try creating a small band of acceptable voltage limits at the generator bus
say   VMIN =  Vcenter - epsilon <= V <= Vcenter + epsilon = VMAX,   then start slowly
moving Vcenter from the initial optimization problem's solution towards the value that
you want to set, and solve it for each case and look out for changes in the magnitude of the
Lagrange multipliers everywhere; this might give you an idea about what is going wrong.

carlos.

Isabel Duque wrote:

Hello,

I’m using the Matpower OPF in order to optimize the dispatch of generators in a distribution network in case of voltage constraint violations.  The OPF is able to find a solution for my initial optimization problem.

However, as soon as I try to set the voltage limits on the bus of one of my generators to a certain value (different from the acceptable voltage range at the other buses) the OPF does not converge anymore.  I’ve tried not setting a specific value, but leaving some degree of freedom for the voltage at said generator bus, but the OPF still doesn’t converge.

I’m trying to do the “voltage setting” at the generator bus in the mpc.bus file for maximum- and minimum voltage magnitude: maximum voltage magnitude = minimum voltage magnitude.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the source of this problem?

Best regards,

Isabel