See FAQ #5 on the MatPower webpage. http://www.pserc.cornell.edu//matpower/#faq

Shri

From: "Zeya Aung [11547809d]"
<zya....@connect.polyu.hk<mailto:zya....@connect.polyu.hk>>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 21:12:01 +0000
To: MATPOWER discussion forum
<matpowe...@list.cornell.edu<mailto:matpowe...@list.cornell.edu>>
Subject: Re: running opf to get system data

Thanks Ray. I did as you say and got some results - but they do not converge.
please see below - what can i do about that?

> In mips at 422
  In mipsopf_solver at 145
  In opf_execute at 106
  In opf at 225
  In runopf at 96
Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision.
> In mips at 422
  In mipsopf_solver at 145
  In opf_execute at 106
  In opf at 225
  In runopf at 96

Numerically Failed

Did not converge in 2 iterations.

Did not converge (0.04 seconds)

Objective Function Value = 19.38 $/hr
|     System Summary                                                           |

How many?                How much?              P (MW)            Q (MVAr)
---------------------    -------------------  -------------  -----------------
Buses             84     Total Gen Capacity    2805.0         348.4 to 1742.0
Generators        18     On-line Capacity      2805.0         348.4 to 1742.0
Committed Gens    18     Generation (actual)   1397.8             939.2
Loads             45     Load                  1388.6            1041.4
  Fixed           45       Fixed               1388.6            1041.4
  Dispatchable     0       Dispatchable          -0.0 of -0.0      -0.0
Shunts            29     Shunt (inj)             -0.0             233.0
Branches         103     Losses (I^2 * Z)         0.70              3.55
Transformers       0     Branch Charging (inj)     -              846.6
Inter-ties         0     Total Inter-tie Flow     0.0               0.0
Areas              1

Best
Zeya

On 5 Jan, 2015, at 11:04 pm, Ray Zimmerman