runcpf returns a MATPOWER case struct that has the loading/genration and the
voltages at its last continuation step. By using the option 'cpf_stop_at_nose',
the continuation power flow will stop when it is near the nose point. You can
then extract the voltages and power from the MATPOWER case struct.

For example,

 define_constants;
 mpopt = mpoption('out.all',0,'verbose',2);
 mpopt = mpoption('cpf.stop_at','nose','cpf.step',0.2);
 mpopt = mpoption(mpopt,'cpf.plot.level',2);
 mpcb = loadcase('case39'); % load base case
 mpct = mpcb; % set up target case with
 mpct.gen(:, [PG QG]) = mpcb.gen(:, [PG QG])*2.5
 mpct.bus(:,[PD QG]) = mpcb.bus(:,[PD QG])*2.5
 results = runcpf(mpcb, mpct, mpopt);

Vm = results.bus(:,8);  % Voltage magnitude at the nose point for all the buses.

Other values can be extracted from the case struct by accessing the appropriate
fields and their corresponding columns. The data format for the case struct is
defined in caseformat.m.

Shri

Thank you Abhyanker for your input, the example in the manual worked.

I am really new to Matpower and I am learning it from scratch. My intention is
to get the critical value of power and voltage values(Nose point of the PV
curve) of a particular bus, Can anyone please tell me  is it possible to get
the values using Matpower  using continuation power flow ?

I am trying to modify the example code from the manual (I am working on IEEE 39
bus system)

  define_constants;
 mpopt = mpoption('out.all',0,'verbose',2);
 mpopt = mpoption('cpf.stop_at','nose','cpf.step',0.2);
 mpopt = mpoption(mpopt,'cpf.plot.level',2);
 mpcb = loadcase('case39'); % load base case
 mpct = mpcb; % set up target case with
 mpct.gen(:, [PG QG]) = mpcb.gen(:, [PG QG])*2.5
 mpct.bus(:,[PD QG]) = mpcb.bus(:,[PD QG])*2.5
 results = runcpf(mpcb, mpct, mpopt);
 results.cpf

Thanking in advance

Regards

Nair

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Abhyankar, Shrirang G.