1) The marginal cost is positive. Multiplied by a negative quantity results in
a negative total cost. Increasing the load (negative injection) decreases the
overall objective function. So the load will be fully dispatched, unless the
LMP drops below it’s marginal cost.

2) I’m not sure I completely understand what you’ve done, but you certainly
model this as a generator with negative PMIN and positive PMAX, with a
piecewise linear cost function that passes through the origin. It must be
convex, with increasing slopes for the segments as you go from most negative to
most positive injection.

3) The negative total “cost” associated with the dispatchable load is actually
just the negative of the total benefit derived by the load from it’s
consumption. That’s how we define this cost. So, minimizing the sum of this
(dispatchable load) cost and the generation cost is the same as maximizing the
total benefit to consumers minus the total cost to producers, that is
maximizing the net benefits to society, also called social welfare.

Hope this answers your questions,

    Ray