Hi Jovan, all,

Thanks for contributing those points!

It's interesting to note that the resistance distance between nodes can also be calculated by simpler eigen/spectral techniques, as in http://repository.ias.ac.in/77807/ and so matrix inversions aren't essential. Anyway, I more meant "quick and efficient" in the sense of rapidly achieving something with just a few lines of MATLAB script, being the (sometimes) lazy engineer that I am!

In my experience, which is, I freely admit, quite limited, the Zthev between two buses is actually a usefully accurate predictor of the incremental phase angle shift that a 1 MW transaction between those buses will require.

I know Paul Hines and his group in Vermont have done some interesting work in the area of electrical distance using the Klein formula; that may be of interest. I'm afraid my work in this area is still in review!

Thanks,

Paul