Jose,

Let me clarify.  If you run a power flow you can obtain all the currents
and transfer the
constant P/Q loads into constant RLC you can rebuild your admittance matrix
with
this new RLC values.  From here, calculating the electrical distance using
Z matrix
is nothing new.  However, as soon as the load changes you have to do it all
over again.
My point is, you cannot have a single electrical distance matrix for a
given system.

Paul, I know Paul Hines and I have read a couple of his group's papers on
electrical
distance.  If memory serves, their approach suffered from the same problem
of
ignoring the load.  This was a 3-4 years (or more) ago and they might have
made a
breakthrough but I'd have to do some reading,

Another interesting approach that I ran into was based on the Jacobian but
I do not
remember the details.  I have the paper somewhere and if somebody is really
curious
how it was done I can look for it.  In that approach calculating the
equivalent RLC
load is not needed but again, the Jacobian changes with the load.

I hope I made clear what I meant by my previous e-mail.

Jovan