Thank you Dr. Abhyakar,

My main aim was to confirm that MATPower uses the inbuilt "\" to solve the
matrix equations and not Tinney or some other form of reordering  and then
LU factorization followed by forward,backward substitutions. From your
response I assume that it is true that MATpower uses "\" right?

Thank you for your response.