Dear All,

I am running a multi-period simulation with :

  1.  Zonal reserve requirement
  2.  Stochastic Wind generator
  3.  Load profile

My output for reserve generation always includes an extra row for the wind
generator but with zero output. For example, I have 5 generators in my system
and I add a Wind generator making it 6 generators. The output for reserve
generation will have 6 rows with the last row having zero output.

  1.  I would like to know, how does MOST consider the wind generator in
running unit commitment simulations with regards to zonal reserve.
  2.  Is the wind generator constrained to have zero output or is it totally
ignored when optimizing the multi period reserve generation?
  3.  What if the Wind generator belongs to a reserve zone?
  4.  If the wind generators don't play any role in zonal reserve why are they
included in the output?

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Best regards,
Edward