I changed the subject line to reflect the change in topic.

The multiplier used to compute the Hessian term is the shadow price on the
corresponding constraint. This multiplier is passed by the solver to the
hessian evaluation function. There is an example in t_opf_mips.m at line 472
<https://github.com/MATPOWER/matpower/blob/ed318ef17a28eced350b7bb07fd6f25384f0dcc3/lib/t/t_opf_mips.m#L472>,
 which calls opf_nle_fcn1()
<https://github.com/MATPOWER/matpower/blob/master/lib/t/opf_nle_fcn1.m> and
opf_nle_hess1()
<https://github.com/MATPOWER/matpower/blob/master/lib/t/opf_nle_hess1.m>.

If you haven’t already, you may also want to have a look at MATPOWER Tech Note
2 "AC Power Flows, Generalized OPF Costs and their Derivatives using Complex
Matrix Notation,”
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/TN2-OPF-Derivatives.pdf> especially
section 7, to see how these multipliers arise in the Lagrangian.

    Ray