There are two main options ...

If a linearized DC model of the network is adequate for your purposes, then
MOST is probably the way to go. It can solve a full multi period OPF problem
taking into account ramp limits. This allows restrictions in one period to
affect the dispatch in previous periods, finding the dispatch trajectories that
are optimal for the entire planning horizon.

The other option is simply to run the single-period OPF (using runopf)
sequentially for each hour in a loop and use the ramp rate to limit the
feasible dispatch range in the input to runopf. That is, you would set the PMIN
and PMAX for each generator in hour t to the more restrictive of (1) the
physical capacity limits of the generator, (2) the maximum down/up ramp from
the hour t–1 dispatch.

The latter is simpler and allows you to use an AC network model, but dispatches
in a given hour are not affected at all by future hours, only past hours, so
the overall trajectory may not be optimal. For example, you won’t start ramping
up a cheaper slow ramping unit ahead of time to be available for a peak hour,
since that would require “look-ahead”.

Hope this helps,

    Ray

On Mar 1, 2020, at 12:32 PM, yang_hong_yue