See my responses to each question below ...

On Mar 3, 2020, at 10:07 AM, Yang
<yang_hong_...@163.com<mailto:yang_hong_...@163.com>> wrote:

Deae Ray,
Thanks for your reply, and I have dour questions as folllows.
1. If I have daily load data, like total load = [270.33 257.07 247.20 243.93
247.20 253.47 ... ](24 data), I wrote a loop to run, and use apply_changes to
input these data, and change ramp rate to implement it. Is this method right?
In this way, it likes I change data by hand and then I get results. From what
you said, my understanding is that it takes ramp rate in account, but not very
perfect.

That sounds correct to me.

2. If I do as what I think in 1., the sum Pd change, and how do every bus load
change? I want to use case30.m, do every bus change in proportion to the change
of total load?

It depends how you define the changes you apply with apply_changes(). If you
are using a single value (system-wide load) and applying it with the CT_ROW
column equal to 0 (apply to all rows), then, yes, it will scale the loads
proportionally to make the total equal the value you specify.

3. If I want to achieve 1. by using MOST, the  case is supposed to be
simplified into DC model.

Yes, MOST uses a linearized DC model approximation of the network.

4. If I want to reduce 10% active power of the branch 15-23 in case30.m, do I
change the rate A of bus 15 or bus 23, or both?
using chgtab = [1 0.002 CT_TBRCH  30 RATE_A  CT_REL  0.9;];

You have to find the row index in the branch matrix of the line from bus 15 to
bus 23, and use that as the row index.

Hope this helps,

   Ray

I don't know whether it is right.

Warm regards.
Yang.

At 2020-03-03 00:31:27, "Ray Daniel Zimmerman"