The P absorbed by the dispatchable load is already an optimization variable,
included in Pg, since dispatchable loads are modeled as negative generators. So
you may not even need to add a variable. Furthermore, you can already impose
costs on those variables via the gencost matrix.

If you simply want to maximize the power absorbed by the dispatchable loads,
you just need to make sure that you use a large enough negative cost (on the
negative injection). You may find
load2disp()<https://matpower.org/docs/ref/matpower7.0/lib/load2disp.html> to be
helpful.

If you do need a new variable, it is introduced through the A matrix in the
user-defined linear constraints. You simply define linear constraints that
include extra columns corresponding to the new variables. They are related to
the existing variables through this constraint matrix whose existing columns
correspond to Va, Vm, Pg, Qg, for the standard formulation. See equations (6.5)
and (6.38), (6.39) in the manual.

   Ray

On Oct 8, 2020, at 11:09 AM, Davide Maglione