From: bounce-125927883-89272...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-125927883-89272...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Ray Daniel Zimmerman
<r...@cornell.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 7:54:11 PM
To: MATPOWER-L <matpowe...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: How to load Pd in a loadprofile ,when load buses are approximately
30 .

Hi Maliha,

The profile values are simply scale factors applied to the parameters in the
base case file. But the base case parameters can be whatever you find
convenient, e.g. some mean output value, and need not be the installed
capacity. Certainly, if your base case parameters reflect the installed
capacity, then the profile numbers would always need to be less than or equal
to 1.

Regarding curtailment of wind, there are a number of reasons that it may be
optimal to curtail wind, depending on the type of optimization you are running.
A fairly simple example is the situation where it is less costly to curtail the
wind in a high-wind scenario than it is to provide the reserves or ramping
needed to cover the low-wind scenario. In a deterministic optimization the only
reason to curtail wind would be due to network constraints, but in a stochastic
framework, it can be optimal to curtail wind simply because you can’t
necessarily count on it being there.

    Ray

On Sep 20, 2021, at 4:33 AM, MALIHA SHAH
<mshaheep19....@student.nust.edu.pk<mailto:mshaheep19....@student.nust.edu.pk>>
wrote:

respected Ray,
Thanks for the explanation of the wind profile. Still, I have some confusion in
the third and second columns of the profile values. The values more than 1,
such as 1.14 (114% ) indicate wind availability at that hour, which is more
than wind installed capacity. If it is so, then the wind must be despatched at
full capacity (100%) but as a result wind power is curtailed. The 3rd scenario
especially in the results, contradicts the profile scaled factors applied to
PMAX base values.
If it is due to the usage of transmat , can I know the concept how transmat
controls the despatched values(lowered Pmax than available) of wind generators,
why are renewables not despatched fully as they must according to the maximum
availability? If it is due to congestion of the lines connected to wind
installed bus then how can we check the power flow at that respective bus in
results?

Will remain thankful for your suggestions.

Maliha
From:
bounce-125891536-89272...@list.cornell.edu<mailto:bounce-125891536-89272...@list.cornell.edu>

<bounce-125891536-89272...@list.cornell.edu<mailto:bounce-125891536-89272...@list.cornell.edu>>