"Itay M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 01/23/2008 10:12:27 AM:

> I used your recommendation and did:
>
> unset queue <name of the queue> resources_default.ncpus
>
> Then I submitted a job and checked the Resource_List.ncpus value which
> is now 4 :
> Resource_List.ncpus = 4
>
> Before the change this value was 1.  It looks like that the
> Resource_List.ncpus now equals to the resources_max.ncpus value. Is
> this how it is supposed to be?

I don't think so, but I don't have resources_max.ncpus either (I suggest
you unset it, too). It could also be (more likely) that you have another
resources_default.ncpus defined at the server level (qmgr list server),
not at the queue level.

> About multiprocessors - should the users submit it with "-l
> nodes=1:ppn=4" instead of the "NCPUS=4" ?

Yes, if they want 4 CPUs from the same machine (usually they do). If they
don't care about which machines the 4 CPUs come from, that would be
nodes=4 (strange as it may sound). It could be that some configuration
parameters need to be set that affect the interpretation of nodes=4 to
make it work (give it a try and see whether you get 4 CPUs or 4 machines
with 1 CPU each).

Regards,
Jan Ploski